MOLDTECH CONCLUDES INSTALLATION OF 3D MOULDS IN SAUDI ARABIA
2 February 2022 Residential
- The 3D moulds allow Katerra to precast the walls and floor of the bathrooms as a monolithic element after which the casted element is turned 180º.
- The precasted bathroom is then finished at the Katerra premises in several steps which involve waterproofing, attachment of tiles, fixtures etc.. so the bathroom can be shipped to the building site almost “ready to be used”.
- This methodology offers a series of advantages such as improvement of quality standards, increased control over the project duration and better project control as less people are required to work at the building site.
- Moldtech supplied a total of 24 moulds in 2 different sizes: 12moulds of 2.6 x 2.4 with height of 3.6 meters and 12 moulds of 2.1 x 1.5meters with a height of 2.8 meters.
- In both cases the wall thickness was 100mm.
- The inner core of these moulds includes a hydraulically retractable system thereby allowing to perform the de-moulding in a swift manner without the need for conical slope. A total of 12 hydraulic units were delivered so each unit would control 2 moulds
- In addition to the moulds, Moldtech also delivered 2 turning devises which turn the element a total of 180º and have a weight capacity up to 20 tons.
- A last advantage of the 3D mould system is its mobility as it is relatively easy to move the moulds and the turners from one production site to another which gives our client Katerra increased production flexibility when bidding for future projects.